The b.f.t. is back in 2021. We will be organising a virtual tasting with fortified wines from across the globe available for you to taste at your own business premises.
We're delighted to be able to offer you the chance to taste a range of Port, Sherry, Madeira and Australian fortified wines from the comfort of your own business premises. We may not yet be able to return to our traiditional event at Church House Conference Centre (although we are already planning for Thursday 31st March 2022....) but we are delighted to have the support of many of our normal producers - and a few that are new to the b.f.t. or returning to the show for the first time in a few years.
Confirmed producers include:
- Barros (recently confirmed)
- Calem (recently confirmed)
- Graham's (recently confirmed)
- Kopke (recently confirmed)
- Mouchão (recently confirmed and first time exhibiting at the bft)
- Noble & Murat (recently confirmed and first time exhibiting at the bft)
- Quinta de la Rosa
- Quinta do Crasto
- Quinta do Portal
- Quinta da Devesa (first time exhibiting at the bft
- Campbells of Rutherglen
- Stanton & Killeen
- Vinhos Barbeito
- Gonzalez Byass (recently confirmed)
- Henriques & Henriques
- Madeira Wine Company Blandy's
- Bodegas Barbadillo
- Bodegas Dimobe (recently confirmed and first time exhibiting at the bft)
- Bodegas Hidalgo-La Gitana
- Bodegas Lustau (recently confirmed)
- Bodegas Malaga Virgen (recently confirmed)
- Pojer e Sandri (recently confirmed and first time exhibiting at the bft)
There are 176 wines from 34 producers across 4 countries available to request samples from. As usual, these include wines from across their ranges, with different retail price points.You can see the full list of wines (with filters) on the website here or download a copy of the show guide as a pdf using the link below.
How Will The Virtual Big Fortified Tasting Work?
- You register your interest in receiving samples to taste and evaluate.
- In January, we will send you a list of available wines for you to choose from. You select up to 5 wines you would like to taste.
- In March, we will send you the 5 wines you have requested (or similar wines of they are not available for any reason). We will send you an email to let you know when the wines are being dispatched.
Please also note:
- There is no charge to you as a participant. The cost of all of the wines and postage to you is covered by the 'virtual' exhibitors.
- Shipping is only available to UK addresses. If you register from another location, we are happy to provide you with the show guide and wine details, but unfortunately can't provide the wines themselves.
- We are encouraging all of the exhibitors to make themselves available for a period immediately after the wines are dispatched so that you can engage them in any questions about the wines. You will have contact details for the producers / importers.
- We are asking all of the producers to provide you with additional information about each wine to help your evaluation. This information will be available via this website.
- You must be 18 years old or over to participate. We cannot send the wines to anyone where we are not satisfied you are of a legal age to consume alcohol. The registration process, and any checks we carry out subsequently, are all designed to allow us to meet this legal obligation.
- By registering, you consent to your name and company name being provided to those producers whose wines you receive for evaluation. Your data will not be shared with the other producers.
- We may need to ask you for additional information to verify your registration as a member of the wine trade.