Registration For The 2024 Big Fortified Tasting Is Now Open
After what was quite possibly the biggest and best BFT so far in 2023, we are delighted to announce that registration for the 2024 event is now open. We’re back at the Church House Conference Centre in Westminster, London on Tuesday 23rd April. Register now and join us for the largest and most diverse annual trade fair dedicated to fortified wines.
If you’re wondering what we have planned to top 2023, here’s what you can look forward to in 2024:
- New for 2024: Decanter World Wine Awards are hosting a table featuring some of the top fortified wines from around the world – a selection of the ‘Best in show’ and other award-winning wines from 2023. A truly ‘not-to-be-missed’ element of the 2024 BFT.
- A feature table on English Vermouth, with a selection of producers and wines showcasing the range and versatility of this classic drink that continues to trend with consumers in the on-trade environment.
- The School of Port will be highlighting their educational outreach programme; they are also hosts of one of our masterclasses.
- …and of course the usual range of Ports, Madeira, Sherry, Marsala and other fortified wines from around the world including more Vermouth, Setúbal and Australia.
We have two confirmed masterclasses, with a third to be announced very soon. Attendees at the Big Fortified Tasting will have the chance to take part in:
- Port for the on-trade environment – the School of Port will guide you on how to select, store, sell and serve fortified wines. This masterclass is aimed at those on-trade establishments who would like to make fortified wines a bigger part of their wine list and want some top tips on how to go about this.
- Penfold Tawnies – an exploration of this uniquely Australian style of fortified wine that combines a number of different production steps to create their own range of wood-aged fortified wines.
Who Should Attend?
The Big Fortified Tasting is aimed at on and off trade professionals who currently or plan to soon buy, sell or serve fortified wines in their business, as well as those with an established track record of writing about fortified wines in print and digital media. With the combination of wines to taste from entry level fortified wines through to those awarded ‘perfect’ scores and the top awards, the Big Fortified Tasting truly is the largest and most diverse annual trade fair dedicated to fortified wines.