Kopke’s Award Winning White Port
How does a Master Blender make an award winning wine? Let Carlos Alves, Master Blender and Head Winemaker at Kopke take you through his thoughts as he presents a direct comparison of a single harvest wine with a blended wine of the same age, both matured in wood before being bottled specifically for this tasting.
Using a selection of White Ports from the stocks of Portugal’s oldest Port house, this tutored tasting will look at the way in which Port ages in barrel over the years until achieving stunning levels of complexity and intensity.
You’ll never think of White Port in the same way again!
Masterclass time: 14.30, Bishop Partridge Room
Wines to be tasted:
- Kopke Fine White
- Kopke Fine White with tonic – the Douro’s favourite long summer drink
- Kopke 10 years old White Port
- Kopke 2013 White Colheita
- Kopke 20 years old White Port
- Kopke 2003 White Colheita
- Kopke 50 years old White Port
- Kopke 1935 White Colheita
Please note that the application process for spaces at this masterclass has now closed.